Joining bestselling Mindful Kids and Yoga Pretzels, Global Kids expands the scope of Barefoot's innovative activity card decks by inviting children to participate in 50+ crafts, food, games, festivals and community service activities from around the world.
- The activity card deck is divided into 5 sections for ease of use - "create," "eat," "play," "celebrate," and "help out" - each providing hands-on activities with easy-to-follow steps to reinforce learning both inside and outside the classroom. The activities require only inexpensive materials that are often found around the home or classroom. No technology is required, making the cards even more flexible and versatile.
- Reviewed for accuracy by experts from each represented culture, the activities show how a universal activity, such as playing tag or dancing, manifests itself in a specific way in a particular culture, encouraging children to appreciate both what we share in common and what makes us special.
- Includes a pretend passport so children can record the activities they've completed and the country they "visited" while completing it. Find the country "visited" in The Barefoot Books World Atlas to further reinforce geography learning.
- Written by global education expert Homa Tavangar, author of Growing Up Global: Raising Children to Be At Home in the World (Random House, 2009). The activities were developed with early childhood education expert Stefanie Paige Wieder, M.S.Ed., to have age-appropriate difficulty levels, safety and scope and to deal with complex concepts in a developmentally appropriate way.
- Deck format with sturdy activity cards perfect for busy kids, classrooms, libraries, and community and maker spaces. Pull only the cards you need and keep them close for reference while exploring the Barefoot Books World Atlas or completing an activity.
About the Author:
Homa Sabet Tavangar is the author of widely acclaimed Growing Up Global: Raising Children to Be At Home in the World (Random House, 2009), which has been praised by international education, business leaders and media including Dr. Jane Goodall, NPR, NBC, ABC, PBS, Boston Globe, Scholastic, and many more.
Known for her exuberant illustrations, Sophie Fatus is a French artist who lives and works in Florence, Italy. She has illustrated a number of top-selling products for Barefoot Books, including the Yoga Pretzels activity deck (2005) and the follow-up picture book My Daddy is a Pretzel (2012).
Author: TAVANGAR, HOMA TABET
Imprint: Barefoot Books
Dimensions: 140 x 186 mm
Release Date: 01/11/2019
Contents: 50 Cards with Instructions.
Suitable for ages 5 years+